Did you know your restaurant can become an extreme health risk, and you may be forced to shut down, before its even opened? What certificates are important and what is required of you as a new restaurant owner?
Your restaurant must comply with HACCP certification requirements – HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
Some examples of this Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points are...
• Holding of food. If your new restaurant is compliant with HACCP certification, you will have no worries!
ALL ABOUT HACCP
HACCP was developed in the late 1950s by a team of food scientists and engineers from The Pillsbury Company, the Natick Research Laboratories, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The team developed a system designed to build quality into the product to ensure food safety for the manned space program.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS/ MAIN OBJECTIVES OF HACCP?
The main benefits of HACCP based procedures are:
• Saves your business money in the long run.
• Avoids poisoning your customers.
• Food safety standards increase.
• These risks may be biological, chemical or physical, and identify critical points to be controlled in order to ensure product safety.
The main objectives of HACCP are to identify sources of potential errors during production and confirm the quality of the final product.
WHY IS HACCP IMPORTANT?
HACCP is important because it prioritizes and controls potential hazards in food production. By controlling major food risks, such as microbiological, chemical and physical contaminants, the industry can better assure consumers that its products are as safe as good science and technology allows.
IS HACCP A LEGAL REQUIREMENT?
Under Article 5 of Regulation (EC) 852/2004, food businesses must put in place, implement and maintain a food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles to ensure the food produced from their premises is safe to eat.
Which pieces of COMMERCIAL CATERING EQUIPMENT can assist you with ensuring your products are correctly cooked and chilled for your business?
A combi oven A combination oven (or combi steamer) is a highly advanced machine that cooks food using steam, convection or a combination of both Combi ovens can also remove moisture from food. By venting humidity (releasing steam), food is cooked faster (and thereby healthier) and crisps perfectly – ideal for bacon or pork crackling.
TURBOFAN EC40D10 40D Series 10 Tray Digital Combi Oven Electric direct steam version
- 10 x 1/1 GN tray capacity - 10 x 600mm x 400mm tray capacity
- 70mm tray spacing - Compact 812mm wide
- 14kW heating power
- Hand shower with fittings and connections included
- 2 fan speeds, low speed also reduces the heating power
- Electronic Touch sensitive control panel - High-visibility alphanumeric LED display
- Programmable automatic pre-heating
- 10 pre-programmed cooking modes identifiable by instant-start icons
- Programmable memory (up to 4 cycles)
- Manual cooking with three cooking modes
- An automatic Moisture Control system
- Core probe ready for internal food temperature control
- Self-diagnostic operation check before and during use
- Auto-reverse fan for perfectly uniform cooking
- Automatic chamber venting control
- Timed LED cooking chamber lighting
- Automatic cleaning system with Liquid Clean System
- Perfectly smooth cooking chamber walls with rounded edges
- Double-glazed door with thermo-reflective tempered glass
- Adjustable hinges for the optimal door seal
- Triple action water filter cartridge and filter head included
- WARRANTY: 12 - Month Parts & Labour
- Power: 400-415V; 14.5kW; 20A - Dimensions: 812 x 725 x 1170mm(h) - Weight: 104kg